"And He took the children in his arms, put His hands on them and blessed them.” Mark 10:16

Saturday, April 21, 2012

** hAppY fiRst biRthDay kYnLeE rAe **

Kynlee Rae,

Wow! I cannot believe a year has already come and gone! It seems like just yesterday mommy was laying in a hospital bed throwing a pillow at daddy to wake him up to get a nurse. I remember the excruciating pain I felt in my upper right stomach area and the horrible headache I had like it was yesterday.  I tried so hard not to be the "whiny pregnant lady" through the high blood pressure spells and the swollen feet, but that night the symptoms were too much to bear without complaining.  After shooting two doses of lidocaine with no relief, I knew that something was definitely not right.  I did not know, however, that my body was beginning to shut down and that I would soon become a mommy.

At 9:52 am on Friday, April 22, 2012 we welcomed a tiny young lady into our family.  Weighing in at only 1 lb 15 ounces, you soon became the center of our prayer life.  I remember being on the operating table during my c-section, praying that God would watch over and protect the tiny baby that would soon be transferred to NICU.  I prayed that God would provide the very best doctors and nurses to care for my sweet baby until I could meet you. God answered my prayers immediately and begin to show that He is still capable of providing modern day miracles.

Although mommy did not get to go with to meet your amazing medical team, Daddy was there with during the entire transfer.  After I got all settled into my room and was ready to begin my recovery process, I finally got to see pictures of you.  You were so tiny and frail, but I knew immediately that God had everything under control.  I am so very thankful He chose to use you to exhibit show His healing power.

Here we are a year later, preparing to celebrate your FiRsT BiRtHdAy tomorrow.  I am still in shock that this day is finally here and that you are perfecly healthy.  Yes, you throw minor fits and love to be held and get aLL of the attention from everyone around you, but I wouldn't have you any other way. Your giggles, grins, ear-to-ear smiles, beautiful blue eyes, sweet hugs and kisses, and sweet spirit make me very proud to call you my daughter. You have brought much joy to my life over the last year.  I cannot wait to see all that God has in store for you in the future.  Many people doubted that we would ever make it to this day.  And, if we did, they didn't think you would be completely perfect, with no major health problems.  Because God chose to break the mold with you, I am certain He has great things in store for you for many years to come.

I love you very much!
Mommy